GardenComm Sustainability Statement
The mission of GardenComm includes fostering, promoting, preserving, and maintaining natural resources by encouraging environmentally healthy and sound landscape design and development, and promoting awareness of nature-friendly practices and products among garden writers, landscape professionals, wholesalers, manufacturers, and consumers.
GardenComm shall encourage sustainability by promoting environmentally healthy and sound garden practices and awareness of nature-friendly garden practices and products to its membership.
GardenComm shall help its members reasonably minimize the use of and conserve environmental resources while conducting their businesses and shall lead by example.
- Green Medal Sustainability Award
- QT, June 2011, "GWA Endorses Sustainable Practices"
- QT, August 2012, Sustainability Column: "Do GWA Members Know What Their Audiences Want?"
- GWA Sustainability Survey, 2011
- GWA Foundation Garden Trends Survey, Winter 2012
- AASHE Resources for GardenComm Members: A compiled list of Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) links relevant to garden communicators
- Resources for Disappearing Information
- Sustainability Check-List for GardenComm Conferences and Other Events
- GWA Sustainability Survey, 2018