Get Started with GWA Communities
All GWA members now have exclusive access to our new members-only MemberFuse community platform. Join a GWA community for your region, special interest or events. Members can ask questions, give advice, share news or just say hi. To get started today, below are some answers to questions you may have.
You can also access communities at gwa.mymemberfuse.com. For quick access, add this link to your bookmarks or saved webpages.
When you log-in for the first time, you will be asked to agree to the GWA CommunitiesTerms of Service and review your profile information. Once completed, you can get started.
How do I join community groups?
All members are automatically opted into the community for their region, but you can also join additional communities by selecting the Groups tab at the top of the page. Make sure you join the GWA Members group. Members may also create special interest groups, but please review the Terms of Service page carefully before starting a group.
How do I start a discussion?
Visit any community group you are a member of and select Add Discussion from the menu located on the right-hand side. After adding a title and discussion topic, you can even attach a photo or document (just like sending an email). Once done, click Submit and the discussion will be posted to the group.
How do I update my profile or adjust my notification settings?
In the welcome box in the upper left hand corner, select Edit My Settings. Here you can:
- Add a biography under the Community Profile tab
- Upload a headshot under the Photo tab
- Adjust your notifications and digest settings under the Notifications tab
- Set your privacy settings under the Privacy tab
How do I find and connect with other members?
Similar to other social networks, GWA Communities allows you to connect with other community members. To find a member, use any of the following methods:
- Use the Search box in the upper right-hand corner.
- Visit the Members tab to browse and search for specific members.
- Use the Member Matching portal, which asks you about your job description and expertise then matches you with members who share similar interests, allowing you to connect with members you may or may not have already known. Participation is NOT required, but it can be a useful tool to expand your network.
To send a connection request from a member profile, select Add Contact. You can also send a request by selecting the Add As Contact button next to members’ profiles under the Members or Member Matching search results.
How can I track discussions and group activity?
To see updates on all community activity, visit My Dashboard, which will show a synopsis of everything happening in GWA Communities. You can also use the My Dashboard menu on the left-hand side to view information for all your contacts, groupsand discussions.