On the QT
The Official Newsletter of GardenComm
Guidelines for Regional News Submissions
Writing Guidelines for Regional News and Notes Submissions
The Regional News provides information on other members’ activities. This can include upcoming appearances, book signings, presentations, new employment, or job promotions. The column also covers green industry, media, and gardening events. Related horticultural shows, botanic gardens’ events, educational courses, and other gardening association meetings may also be of interest.
- In the header include your name and your email address.
- Copy should consist of two or three sentences, in a serif type-style, such as Times New Roman 12, in AP style. (One online source: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/735/02/)
- Book titles are in italics.
- Names of GardenComm members should be in bold.
- Include general details of date and place with a link to specific information if available.
- Events should occur within the two-month time period named in the Regional News announcement.
- Information should be sent to the Regional Director by the time and date of the deadline. Late material will not be accepted.
- Caroline Hunnish will present “Care and Feeding Slugs, Bugs, and Other Undesirables” at the Edminster Nature Center in Purslane Creek, Idaho, on May 1. For registration information go to lencgv.org/.
- On August 2, Hugh K. Wright presents a webinar “Tough Places, Fast Fixes,” for the Association of Professional Landscape Designers at the Coastal Maine Botanical Garden in Boothbay, Maine. He will also give a talk for the public, “Thoughtful and Sustainable Design for Small Gardens” on August 3. Details can be found mainegardens.org.
- Jim Allen and Martha Doyle are the keynote speakers at the Portland, Oregon Outdoor Celebration, “All Things Native,” on March 2, sponsored by the Lane County Master Gardeners. The talk is from the authors’ upcoming book, “Monarchs, Migration, and Mitigation,” published by Skyhorse Press. (http://amzn.to/2hqpFHB)
For recent book publications: send to the editor email@example.com
For events that are not time-bound, such as on-going classes, podcasts, awards, marking an event, etc.: send to News and Noteworthy, firstname.lastname@example.org